The year is already flying by. I can’t believe November is already here. This month is packed with events. This post is a bit longer than usual, so please read all of it for important PTA news and updates.
- We have the results of the Box Tops contest. In first place with just over $84 raised is Mrs. Izbicki’s Class. They won the pizza party. And in second place with just over $55 raised is Mrs. Lozon’s class. They won the ice cream party. We had a great response for this contest. In total we collected 3,228 box tops. We raised in total with the box tops and dimes $550. Keep saving those box tops, there will be another contest in February and then again in June. The prizes have not been determined yet, but I am sure the kids will love them!
- The Halloween Parade is scheduled for Wednesday around 2:30pm. A HUGE THANK YOU to those families that donated items for the treat bags for the parade. The Haigh Families are the Best!!
- The Election Day Bake Sale is happening on November 6th. We are collecting baked goods to be sold during the elections. Just to clarify, we are taking any donations. There is no sign up for the baked goods, because we will take whatever you are willing to donate. All you need to do is drop off the baked items on Monday November 5th. There is a sign up if you are able to spend a couple of hours at the sale to help set up, sell and breakdown. If you are not able to donate, maybe you can help out at the sale for a couple of hours? Any help you can give will be appreciated.
- The Book Fair is here! November 5th thru 9th. Our Book Fair is always a huge hit with the students. If you are not able to stop by the book fair with your child’s class, don’t worry we have family day during the elections and family night during conferences on Thursday. We do need a lot of volunteers to make it a success, so please click the link above in order to sign up.
- The Savory Foods Fundraiser is ending on November 7th. Please get your orders in on time. The cookies are absolutely delicious and are the same cookies the PTA passes out at Open House every year. They are great to have in your freezer for the holidays. You can always have fresh cookies for when friends and family come visit!
- Our next PTA Meeting will be on November 14th at 6pm in the Library. Please come to the meetings in order to stay informed in all of the schools happenings.
- School Store, Friday, November 16th during lunch.
- Thanksgiving break! No school November 21st thru 23rd. Everyone please have a safe and happy holiday!!
- Popcorn Friday November 30th. With the busy month popcorn day was moved from Friday to the Tuesday before break. Please consider signing up to help.
So…I completely forgot to link the sign up for the bake sale.
Click here for the link.
Sorry about the error!
Good Morning Everyone!
Today or tomorrow your child should come home with a flyer about the Bake Sale the PTA holds every year on election day. We are asking for donations of all types of baked goods. Anything from homemade to store bought would be perfect!
click here to sign up
Next Wednesday is our annual Halloween Parade. As you know the PTA has added a “trick or treat” portion to the parade. If you would like to donate an item you still have time. Click Here to sign up.
Please remember we need the items by Monday, October 29th at school end in order to organize everything and make sure we have enough items for all of the students.
This week is the school pumpkin patch and we still need a couple of volunteers for this event. Every student at the school will get to pick a pumpkin at our very own pumpkin patch! Please consider signing up.
The Book Fair is approaching quickly!! Come one, come all, Monday Nov 5th – Friday Nov 9th. We need volunteers throughout the whole week. But especially Thur and Fri from 11:00am-1:40pm, as I will be in the cafeteria at those times. Which means we will have to close if nobody can cover. We will be setting up the fair after morning drop off on Friday November 2nd. Please click here if you are interested in volunteering. You will be entered into our volunteer raffle.
Thank You, Lila Makled
Yesterday order forms for Savory Sweets came home with your children.
Get your delicious cookies, popcorn or pretzels in time for the holidays. All products sold are MADE IN MICHIGAN
In case you misplace your order form you can click here to view the order form and booklet. Unfortunately they are not set up to take order online.
Prices for all products are 1 for $15; 2 for $28 & 3 for $40
This fundraiser is very exciting because for every 25 units you sell, you get entered into a Grand Prize Drawing.
The prizes are a $5,000 college scholarship
Family Vacation for 4 to Orlando Florida!
All checks should be made payable to: Haigh PTA
To get notices directly for this fundraiser through Remind you can text 81010 with the message @haighp
For any questions or concerns please contact Haifa Baydoun at 313-418-6071 text or call
Join us for Halloween Bingo for Books on Thursday, October 25th from 6:30 to 7:30pm. There will be food for sale and prizes. A flyer will be coming home with the students next week.
Reminder that the box tops and dimes collection contest ends this Friday Oct. 19th. Please send in any box tops or dimes with your teacher’s name labeled on the bag.
The first place classroom gets a pizza party and the second place classroom gets an ice cream party.
Our annual Halloween parade is coming up. This year we thought it would be fun to have the kids “trick or treat” during the parade. There will be four stations set up for the kids to collect their treats.
In order to make this a success we are asking for donations. Please click the link below, if you are interested in donating items. Please drop off any items before school ends on October 30th.
click here to sign up
Due to peanut allergies, absolutely no items with peanuts will be passed out.
The parade starts around 2:15 and will end after the kids walk around the building twice.