Take a Trek. Join the Journey: Become a Footslogger!
Our mission is to tromp, skip, dance, trek, jump, bike, rip-stick, board, and hike to school.
Sure, there are a lot of good reasons to join the Haigh Footslogger Crew: reduce pollution, decrease car traffic around school, exercise. But we don’t do it for all of those reasons. We do it because we need wide open spaces—a car is just too small to contain our love of adventure and our need to be on the move. We are FOOTSLOGGERS, and we slog because we CAN.
For the Footsloggers oath click here.
- Bog: Location where sloggers meet-up to begin their meet and get their cards punched.
- Currently, we meet at Dunworth Bog: Dunworth Pool parking lot at Levagood Park (at Sheridan and N. Denwood Streets).
- Route Distance: .4 miles (We travel from the parking lot then head left along the Levagood Park path).
- Departure Times: Crew Leaders will depart the bog at 8:20am, according to their cell phone clocks.
- Crew: The entire group of Haigh sloggers and spinners is a crew.
- Crew Leader: The parents or teachers who lead the crew to school.
- Absences: If your scheduled crew leader has to be absent, s/he will do their best to arrange for a substitute (their partner/spouse, another crew leader, or parent).
- Remind: We use this app to notify parents of time sensitive information or the latest blog post. Click here to download Remind
- Slog & Spin: This is what we do at our slogger meets. Slogging can be walking, skipping, dancing, jumping, etc.–as long as it gets you to school. Spinning is getting to school on wheels, bikes, roller blades, ripsticks, skateboards, etc.
- Slogger Meet: Our morning slogs/spins to school.
- Spinners: This is the name we give to the crew members who are on wheels. In most cases, we’ll use the term “sloggers” to refer to both sloggers and spinners. If we have a special notice for spinners, then we’ll use that term instead.
Spinners must be able to independently carry, stow, and (if desired) lock their equipment (bikes, skateboards, rip-sticks, locks, lock keys, helmets, safety equipment, etc.).
Bikes must be stowed at one of Haigh’s bike racks. One of the racks is located on the north side of the building (facing Divine Child); the other is located on the west side of the building (near the entry to the teachers’ parking lot).
Q: I already walk to school, and the bogs are not on my route. Can I join the Footslogger Crew?