Today (Monday): Running Club for K-2
Wednesday: March PTA Meeting @3PM in Media Center
- Nominations for Board Member positions for next year will be taken at this meeting. You must be present at the meeting to make a nomination.
NO RUNNING CLUB FOR 3rd-5th gr
- Running club on Wednesday is cancelled due to the PTA Meeting and Bingo for Books. Please keep running at home to accumulate miles.
Bingo for Books @5:30 PM in Media Center
- Please turn in the Bingo for Books slip that went home if you have not done so already. This is so we know an approximate number of how many people will be attending so we can plan for food and supplies.
- We will be serving hot dogs and chips. All proceeds go to PTA. We will be playing bingo to win books. Everyone will win at least one book. Please pay at the door only, $5 per person (age 2 and under free).
- We are still collection book donations for Bingo for Books in the box next to the office.
From the Color Run Organizers:
We would like to thank all of the Howard students that participated in the pledge donation contest. We truly appreciate all of your hard work. We would like to give a shout out to the top students (in no particular order) that raised the most. They are Rima Makled, Zainab Rhebi, Damien Reisdorf, Zachary Zahr, Miles Philippart and Owen Sanderson-Price. You all did a wonderful job. Please note that even though the contest is over, you can still receive pledge donation until April 20th.
Also, an early registration form was sent home for Howard students last week. The early registration form allows Howard Students Only to purchase color run tickets for $17. Please take advantage of the student discounted price. Registration forms with the $17 fee may be dropped off in the office.
Again thank you all and we look forward to this exciting event!!!!
Running Club starts tomorrow (Monday) for kindergartners, 1st graders and 2nd graders who have signed up for the Martian Marathon. 3rd graders, 4th graders and 5th graders signed up for the Marathon will have Running Club on Wednesday. For the safety of the children we ask that siblings do not stay and participate if it is not their assigned day. Siblings may stay with a waiting parent, but may not participate.
Children should be dressed in running clothes and outdoor-appropriate shoes and meet at door #10 so we can get started right away. They may bring a bottle of water.
If you are not waiting for your child at school during Running Club, please plan on picking them up promptly at 4:30pm at Door #10 in the back of the school. The main doors will be locked and the office will be closed.
Again, your child must be signed up for the Marathon in order to participate in Running Club.
We can still use adult volunteers to help out at Running Club. If you are interested, please contact Alina Hammoud 313-850-9995 or Raniah Haidar 313-523-8353.
Bingo for Books is Wednesday March 21st at 5:30-7:00pm. Look for a note to come home soon with more details. The PTA is looking for book donations of any new or gently used books for this event. These can be dropped off into the box outside the office. We appreciate your generosity!
Our March PTA meeting will also be Wednesday March 21st, at 3:00pm in the media center. Please plan on attending as we will be taking nominations for all of next year’s board positions. All positions are up for election and you must attend in order to nominate someone or yourself. You do not need to attend to be nominated.
Reminder: the last day to register for the $15 cost for the Martian Marathon is this Sunday March 11th. Your registration includes a race shirt and bib, inflatable alien (after completing the 10th mile in Running Club), medal and goodie bag on the day of the race. After Sunday, the race will cost $25 per child. Running Club begins next week, so please turn in your form as soon as possible so we know how many students will be attending. Your child must be signed up for the Martian Marathon to attend Running Club. The Martian Marathon is April 14th and our team will meet at 11:30am at Ford Field Park.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer coordinator for the 1st Annual Howard Dragon’s Color Run, please contact Lisa Harajly at HowardColorRun@gmail.com. In addition, if you are interested in volunteering for the event, please visit our SignUpGenius at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0e4bafa72faaf58-howard
The Color Run organizers will be sending home a Howard student discount registration form soon. If you have already registered your student, you will be reimbursed to use the discounted fee.
Pledge forms are due by Friday March 9th in order to determine the winners of the $25 Toys R Us gift card and the class ice cream party. You may continue to receive donations after this date with a new pledge form.
All forms and information can be found on the website: Howard Color Run
Congratulations to Ms. Mohamed and Mrs. Thomas for being awarded at PTA’s Founder’s Day event this past Friday. We thank you and appreciate all of the hard work you do here at Howard!
The Martian Marathon will be invading Dearborn once again on April 14, 2018. Our school is proud to participate every year! This year’s race is already around the corner and the Howard team is ready to start training with Running Club. Information for both the Howard Running Club and the Martian Marathon will be coming home early this week in your child’s folder. Please read carefully and pay special attention to any deadlines given. Thank you!
We would also like to thank Lori Moustafa and Lisa Harajly as well as all of the volunteers who helped to organize and run our Scholastic Book Fair. It was a great success!
Our PTA Meeting will begin in the cafeteria immediately after Curriculum Night activities end. Children are welcome at the meeting.
Please join us tomorrow night for Curriculum Night from 5:00-6:30pm for activities, games and prizes. You will also have an opportunity to visit the Book Fair during this time. Our February PTA meeting will take place after the Curriculum Night activities.
- Yesterday (Friday) the children enjoyed a PTA-sponsored assembly with Dr. Nitro. He made ice cream using liquid nitrogen and frozen Trix.
- Here is a link to Sign-Up Genius for our upcoming Book Fair. Please consider volunteering for a time slot.
PTA Book Fair Volunteer Sign Up Genius
- Please mark your calendar for Wednesday February 28 (the Wednesday after break), which will be our Curriculum Night. From 5:00pm-6:30pm, parents can enjoy the evening with their children walking though the classrooms for different activities that showcase grade level curriculum. Activities include button making, book walk, bingo, art project, music activity and a raffle. Immediately after we will have our PTA meeting. Please look for a flyer to come home in your child’s folder on Monday after break.
We hope everyone has a safe and relaxing mid-winter break!