- Yesterday (Friday) the children enjoyed a PTA-sponsored assembly with Dr. Nitro. He made ice cream using liquid nitrogen and frozen Trix.
- Here is a link to Sign-Up Genius for our upcoming Book Fair. Please consider volunteering for a time slot.
PTA Book Fair Volunteer Sign Up Genius
- Please mark your calendar for Wednesday February 28 (the Wednesday after break), which will be our Curriculum Night. From 5:00pm-6:30pm, parents can enjoy the evening with their children walking though the classrooms for different activities that showcase grade level curriculum. Activities include button making, book walk, bingo, art project, music activity and a raffle. Immediately after we will have our PTA meeting. Please look for a flyer to come home in your child’s folder on Monday after break.
We hope everyone has a safe and relaxing mid-winter break!
Just a reminder that with Mid Winter Break starting, we will not have Basketball today. We will start back up on Friday March 2nd.
Please remember to only use Door #10. You can access this door by using the driveway next to the Kindergarten and parking in back of the school.
Please come to the gym to pick up your pizza kits after school today. Thank you!
We have a change in plans for pick-up of Little Caesar’s Pizza Kits, and we apologize for any inconvenience. Instead of arriving on Thursday, the pizza kits will be delivered tomorrow (Wednesday), 2/14. Please plan on picking up your kits in the gym between 3:30 and 4:30pm. Unfortunately we do not have storage onsite for kits that are not picked up. Please contact Carmen Bronson at 313-350-2747 or Yasmine Ferris at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Happy Snow Day!
We hope everyone is staying warm! A couple reminders as we go into the weekend…
- There is no after-school basketball practice today (Friday) due to the snow day.
- Tomorrow, Saturday February 10 is our Yogurtopia fundraiser. Mention Howard PTA at checkout and 50% of proceeds will be donated back to our school.
Have a good weekend!
Please turn in all Little Caesars Pizza Kits Fundraiser order forms and payment tomorrow, February 7. Late orders will not be accepted. Be sure your order form is correctly tallied, and double check all rows and columns. Please make checks payable to Howard Elementary PTA. Thank you!
PTA is coordinating a classroom wish list program. We have asked each classroom teacher for a list of their classroom needs and/or supplies that are running low. We all know that our teachers spend so much money out of their own pocket, so we would like to help. Please look for your classroom’s list in your child’s folder this week.
If you are able to donate anything on the list to assist in your child’s education feel free to send it anytime to your child’s classroom. Please note: This is not mandatory! Any and all donations are very appreciated. We have so many generous families here at Howard, as well as the best teachers and students! Thank you for your support!
As mentioned above, you will receive a list for your child’s individual classroom. Below you will find a list of supplies that would be appreciated in our front office:
fine point sharpies
snack size Ziploc bags
medium binder clips
cases of small water bottles
AA and AAA batteries
1 1/2′ binders
3×5 index cards
If you would like to donate any of the above items, please send them to Mrs. Jumaa in the office.
From 9am-close on February 10, mention Howard Elementary at checkout at Yogurtopia and 50% of proceeds go to our school!
From Coach Rob:
All spots in all 3 sessions have been filled. As promised, anyone’s registration that was received on Tuesday was admitted. We went over the number of spots in both the the 1st and 2nd session and we have exactly 20 registered for the 3rd session.
I apologize that we cannot accept any additional registrations.
Mrs. Jumaa will not accept any registrations this morning.
Again I apologize. This is for the safety and instruction of our kids.
A note from Coach Rob:
I apologize for the mistake that I made in the schedule for Friday After School Basketball.
Due to the half day this Friday January 26th, we will NOT be having basketball.
We will start next Friday, February 2nd.
Again, I apologize for my mistake on this.